Monday, August 8, 2011

Dear John

So in case it hasn't become obvious from my posts my little brother John is now living with us. We are so happy he is here! He keeps my company while Andre's busy at work. And the kids love him so much. I forgot though he doesn't like when I call him my "little brother" or "baby brother" so I agreed I would introduce him as my macho manly younger brother. He is 15 after all.

Anyway he starts school on the 25th so I have been busy trying to get all that taken care of, and then my school starts on the 15th. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to juggle these things, but I'm hoping it will all just come together.

I have been giving a lot of thought as to how to decorate his room. After all, that is a very important decision. Usually I have the pleasure of decorating kids' rooms, not a teenager's room so this is very exciting. We decided on the underlying theme of Harvard rugby, or something along those lines. Anyway, I knew I wanted him to have a pin board or something above his desk. Posters taped on the wall are so tacky but I wanted him to be able to hang up some pictures of his own, so I thought that would be a good way. I found one I liked at PB Teen, but first of all, I wasn't crazy about the camo fabric. And second of all, I was definitely not crazy about the price tag of $95 for a pin board. See below:


























So I thought a little and decided to make my own, using material I loved. I bought the pin board from target, and then went to JoAnns and found some great material, and got an amazing deal on it! And voila, our finished pin board:
































































All for just under $20! I was pretty happy, and I had fun making it. I only wish I had more room in my laundry room or something because then I could make one for myself. John will be a sophmore this year and we're (hoping) he'll be going to Ashley. We actually live in New Hanover school district. If you live locally, my brother is a great baby sitter and loves to do yard work fyi.

We are glad you're here John and we love you very much!









No comments:

Post a Comment