Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On to Primary

Well last Sunday was Ava's fist Sunday in primary! I can't believe she is officially out of nursery now. I thought she would be excited but she was sooooo sad. I prepped her all morning though and got her a little excited for it. I just knew she'd love primary and would love being around all the other kids and singing time. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong.

I teach the oldest primary class in our ward, valiant 10 & 11 so usually I have to change Kael's diaper (he does his duty like clockwork on Sundays!), take Kael to nursery, and now take Ava to sunbeams. Well I go to take Ava to class only to find out the teacher was MIA that day. The first Sunday of the year? Especially with sunbeams it was such a letdown! So then I took her to the primary room to see if we could find someone. The presidency was also MIA so I wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't take her with me to my class, and if she went back to nursery I knew she'd never go to sunbeams, and I prepped her all morning!

So the music leader for primary offered to take the 2 new sunbeams. I felt bad for her. Ava flipped out and didn't want to stay, and the teacher had no time to prepare so there was no lesson or anything. Well off I went to teach my class (which I love by the way) and then when we were done we went back to the primary room for sharing/singing time. As soon as Ava saw me walk in she started crying and holding her arms out for me. The teacher didn't let her out of her lap though and I thought eventually Ava might calm down. She didn't. So finally I went and grabbed her. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want her to not participate with her own class, but I definitely don't want her to hate primary. And I know she behaves better when I'm not there.

Well that's enough 3 year old drama for a year. I'll just post pics now.








They both have their lunchboxes because in nursery they eat their lunch at snacktime since church is from 11-2. Well I guess they don't do that in primary but I forgot and Ava took her lunch anyway.


























Goofy boy.

2 comments:

  1. both micah and ryan LOVED sis. arne. but yeah when she's not there it's pretty miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious - I'm totally going to pack my kids lunches for primary. I want to see who would give me a talking to about it.

    ReplyDelete