Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Uncle Kurtis came!

Kurtis came for a visit and we had a great time! He flew in on Thursday (to Wilmington) and then flew out of Charlotte on Monday. We had a beautiful beach day, went to soccer games (Ava scored 2 goals!), Kael had a baseball game, we got sushi, went to Jungle Rapids, and then went to the Great Wolf Lodge! It was super fun and of course his time here was over too quickly. Hopefully I'll be successful at my attempts to convince him to move here.

Kael got a butterfly habitat in his Easter basket and we received the caterpillars in the mail a couple of week ago and they have since spun their cocoons and emerged as butterflies. Honestly when I opened them from the mail I thought all the caterpillars were dead. They were not moving at all and looked pretty lifeless. I left them on the counter though not sure what to do but the next morning they were all moving around and eating everything. We eventually had to let them go so this was our "release ceremony". It was rather anti-climactic as they all just flew away quickly and we couldn't even see where they went.








We read that butterflies love fresh orange slices and watermelon. They didn't hardly go near the orange slice but they LOVED the lily I put in there.




Good bye butterflies!



We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge last year for spring break. It was fun but too long of a stay. This time we only stayed for one night and I wish we had more time at the waterpark but it was a good amount of time to stay.

Our room. We had the kid cabin suite and the kids had their own bunk beds and twin size bed in their "cabin".

Pic of our room



They gave the kids wolf ears when we checked in (which they did not do last time?) and this is them excited to go to the waterpark.



Practicing his wolf howl





Wave pool with Kurtis




















Andre & Ava on the waterslides

















After hours at the waterpark and then dinner we went to the Cub Club and the kids painted bird houses.












We also played bingo! They both won a prize (well, everyone won a prize).


When the kids get "bingo" they are supposed to howl like a wolf. Well Kael was pretty much the last one to get bingo and after he waited so long he was super excited. He went to howl and actually said the word, "HOWWWLLLLL..."  and after realizing what he said he got super embarrassed. All the adults were cracking up and he shouted, "I forgot how to howl OK??" It was hilarious. 


MagiQuest

They used to have a really great ice cream place but now they have a few options of gelato. A & K ended up getting dippin dots, which is exciting but a rip off.






I was determined to get a picture of Kurtis smiling

Best family photo ever. Andre looks ready to go with his wands.






This is right after we told Kurtis he was adopted.









And more MagiQuest



Origami wolves!





I honestly have no idea what any of their character's names are. I don't think the kids knew either but it was fun!


Overall we had a great time and were so sad to see Kurtis go back to Las Vegas. The most disappointing part was that while we were at the Great Wolf Lodge someone stole Ava's polaroid camera. Santa brought her that camera just this past year and she LOVES it. She cried and cried as we left. We kept checking the lost and found just hoping somebody had turned it in, but nobody ever did. I am so disgusted with petty theft and especially at a family establishment. I kept hoping that I would see somebody walking around taking pictures with it so I could light into them but I never saw it. I hope whoever took it uses it and something pops in the camera and busts them in the eye.

That's it for now, see you folks later!


No comments:

Post a Comment