Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let's get blogging!....(?)

So as I sit here pondering whether or not I am ready to jump into the worldwide web wonder of blogging I found myself wondering, what does "blog" even mean? I always thought it was such a strange word, and now I know! For those of you who already know, feel free to skip this next little bit. The word "blog" means web log, or for short, blog. Creative? Not really, but still a weird word to me. Anyway, as Ava is watching "The Nightmare Before Christmas" in the next room, I was thinking it would be cool to have an online journal. I'm not good at having a real journal, and maybe I'll be better at this.

Also, I'm sure no one will read this (I'm not sure if I wasn't me if I'd even sit down and take the time to read it) but it will be a fun way for me to keep up with the events in my own life. If anything I can print it up years down the road, and the kids may get a good laugh out of it.

I guess I will start of with a story. Yesterday we had the missionaries over for dinner. We also invited this elderly couple in our ward who are some of the nicest people alive. Anyway, as I'm frantically trying to make the house in perfect order and scrambling to get dinner together my 1 year old Kael had other intentions. Andre and I were talking about something I can't even remember and next thing I know I hear this giant crash. With my heart pounding, about to leap out my chest, I turned to look at Kael in what felt like slow motion. Right when I start to move my legs to sprint over to him he hurls this blood curling scream. He had pulled our little entrance table down and next to him lay my beautiful Christus on the floor smashed. I inspected Kael to see if he was alright and he looked fine so I assumed he was just scared. As I was lamenting the broken pieces of my Christus I glance again at Kael and notice blood in his hair. Of course what is the first thing I should do? Stay calm. But what is the first thing I actually do? Panic. I start saying very loudly to Andre, "Oh my gosh he's hurt! His head is bleeding! We have to go to the ER!" I could feel my hands shaking at this point. We immediately called the pediatrician, but since it was after 5 their office was closed. It automtically redirected me to the hosptial after hours line, WHICH WAS VOICE ACTIVATED!!! Talk about frustrating! Of course Kael was screaming and with every fresh wail the voice on the phone said, "I'm having a hard time understanding you. Did you say __?" Which of course was never correct. Do not fear, worried reader, he is fine after all. We washed his hair and saw it was just a little tiny, miniscule cut on top of his head. The nurse informed us that we had to wake him up every 2 hours throughout the night to make sure he was alert and ok. Frankly, I don't know of anyone who is alert at 2, 4, and even 6 am. While Kael is ok, my Valentine's gift from Andre (the Christus) did not share the same fortune. I fear it is irrepairable.

Wow was that a long story or what? Just enough to get me started! I cannot promise I will post faithfully but I can promise this:

1. In my posts you will occasionally find some made up words
2. You will also find highly entertaining stories of my two children because I gave birth to 2 very funny kids (probably most moms think that about their own children)
3. And I can't think of much else but it'll be a good way to see what's going on with us I guess. In case anyone needs a little Trochez in their life (don't we all?)

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap my heart was racing reading about Kael! I am so glad he is okay. And yes, I WILL READ YOUR BLOG. I am so excited for ya! I do it for the same reason. I don't keep a journal and I want my kids to always have access to the cute and funny things they did growing up. Well I love ya and don't stop blogging. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for blogs! i love you steeeeeephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your Christus statue! I always think it's such a bummer when Auburn breaks something. There is just no justice when you're a Mom.

    I've got your blog tagged. I'll be reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this--I LOVE to hear how you guys are doing! Love you!
    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your kids are amazingly beautiful. Well knowing who your husband is, your kids definitely didn't get their good looks from him. All from you!!!

    ReplyDelete