Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Monkey Business

Dear Readers,
After much contemplation I have decided to start my own business! This is a venture I have never done before. But after much debating and internal conflict I forsee possiblities. I'm sure the investors will start lining up very quickly, and before I know it, I will be international. ;) Maybe this is how McDonalds started? (Who is doing monopoly again btw).

Anyway, my business is called "Ava's Little Bakery" and I have just put out the Thanksgiving menu. And I am already getting orders! I am super excited and trying to heartily embrace the entrepenuer side of me. If you want a copy of the menu let me know and I will have to send it via snail mail or e-mail it to you.

Is it just me or has Halloween not even come yet but Christmas things have started advertising like months ago. Believe me, I am the biggest fan of Christmas but I feel like it's become such a holiday for people to cash in on. I feel kind of bad for our kids because Santa brings them one fun thing, and pretty much the rest of their gifts are clothes. I don't believe in buying toys really. Oh, they do get lots of books and puzzles. And don't worry, they somehow still get plenty of toys from other sources (mainly uncles who love to spoil them). Ava is all ready for winter though:



I was wondering how much Ava & Kael look alike. Here are pics of them both at the same age:






Well those might not be the best two pics to compare but I still think they look a lot alike. I actually think Kael looks a ton like my little brother John when he was a baby. So Andre's bday is on the 20th (next Wednesday) and mine is this Saturday, the 16th. Andre will be gone this whole weekend! He'll be in Ft. Bragg for military. He has been gone the past 3 years on my bday! Oh well. I think I'd like to take the kids to do something fun.

I just found out my cousin Brynn is engaged! Congrats Brynn! As the cousins in my family have gotten older, I find that my # of cousins has doubled and sometimes tripled with new babies! My g'parents are in Sydeny Australia on their second mission. They probably feel like every time they leave and come back our family has increased in numbers, and they have more and more relatives to get to know. They have never met Kael! And they haven't seen Ava since she was 6 months old. We hope to go see them next Easter or something since they get home the beginning of next year. Unless they leave on another mission before we can get home!

I have a few cooking tips to share for my beginner chefs, bakers, etc out there:
1. When you bake cookies and store them away, throw a slice of bread in there if you like your cookies soft and not rock hard.
2. If you make guacamole and especially if you freeze it, leave the pit of an avocado in. It will keep the green color, and not brown!
3. If you are whipping your own cream, I prefer powdered (confectioner's sugar) instead of granulated. It gives it a smoother texture!
4. When the "hot" light on the stove is red, the stove is probably still hot! Do not lean your arm on it while you are on the phone.

These are extremely basic things but who knows? Someone out there might not know one! (And if you don't know #4 you will really quick when you come away with a nasty burn!)

Andre has a game tonight! Yay we can finally go and cheer for him! What I mean, is that we can go and I can catch a glimpse of him playing softball while trying to split myself in two directions to catch one child sprinting north and one child sprinting south. The joy of toddlers!

No comments:

Post a Comment