So not too long ago I finished The Hunger Games and was on the hunt for a new good series or book to read. I find these days that sometimes it is harder and harder to find a good solid book without anything disturbing in it. I tried to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but I could not even get halfway through. It was a little much for me. So anyway, my friend Mary recommended to me The Mortal Instruments series. It is really good! At first I started not sure how I felt about it. And yes, for all you wondering, it is another young adult book about vampires, and werewolves, faeries, and demons. But this one had a different little twist on the perspective. So it wasn't another vampire love sob fest throughout the book. I would highly recommend it! I have decided I would like to be an extra in the cast for the movie. So if any of you producers are reading this, which I'm sure you are, I want to be in your movie.
Anyway, we had a good weekend. Andre was home finally! Saturday we just spent the morning cleaning (my husband's favorite thing to do on his day off) and then we went to Costco and Wal Mart. My two least favorite things to do, especially on a Saturday! Although, the samples kind of make up for it. Then Saturday night we watched the old school Rudolph (Rankin/Bass) with Ava & Kael. You know, I don't think she liked it as much as I thought she would. We came to the conclusion that she's still pretty young for the whole slow motion claymation thing. Oh well it did bring back some good memories.
Ava got a new pair of boots and loves wearing them everywhere. She wore them on Saturday and I took some pics and of course had that moment, "Wow my lil baby is all grown up."
Her hair is so long and I can't bring myself to even get it trimmed. So we had some good news last night! Almost anytime I say anything about good news people say, "Oh, I thought you were going to say you're pregnant." Or that's what they expect to hear. And then they want reassurance fifty thousand times that I'm not. First off, if I was, that is my business, and maybe Andre's too. Second off I know I might look like I could be carrying twins but do not assume this people! My for real good news starts with some bad news. Well, you probably won't care about this news at all. I wonder how long I'm going to preamble this before I actually just tell you? Our disney trip in December has been cancelled. We were kind of crazy thinking we could do a trip that close to Christmas anyway right? Well the good news is that we are still going but in February! Well, we are hopefully going if we can get the dates to work out and a couple of other lil things. We are going with Andre's family and I know the kids are going to have the time of their life. They will be so happy to see them. Anyway, grandma and grandpa shannon, be prepared! Ava will hit you up for all you're worth in time, energy, and any other resource you may have. Kael is pretty chill. He'll be good with a sticker and a churro.
Which leads me to my santa story. I occasionally ask Ava what she wants Santa to bring her. I don't even think she knows what I'm talking about but it's fun to hear what she says. She saw this beautiful doll house in a pottery barn magazine and sometimes will mention that. Hands down, almost every time her response is "a puppy." Oh boy. Not gonna happen. Well I asked her the other day and she very quickly responds, "an apple." DONE! No problem. I do not think Santa will have any problem procuring an apple for her for Christmas morning.
Well I must be off. For what, I'm not sure yet, but something will come up. I just know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment