Friday, December 10, 2010

Oprah's Favorite Things 2010

Ok so I don't think I've ever watched an Oprah show in my life, but everyone knows about the famous "favorite things" list she makes every year right? Well I heard on the radio the other day a few of her things on that list. They are as follows:

1. The Apple i pad- $499















2. Sophia Satchel by Coach- $398


















3. Centerville Pie Company's Chicken Pie- $20/pie (available at HarryandDavid.com)
















4. Garrett's Special Edition Popcorn Tin- $135 ($135 for popcorn??? That's our whole Christmas budget!)
















5. Miraclebody Jeans by Miraclesuit- $110













6. Volkswagen 2012 Bettle- $?
















7. Five Year Netflix Membership -$9.99/mo so it adds up to $599.40 for 5 years


















8. Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera- $699.95















9. Tory Tote and Reva Ballerina Flat by Tory Burch- $250 for the tote, $195 for the flats

















10. Royal Carribean Allure of the Seas Cruise- $?

















Ok so now you're in for a real treat. I'm going to do "Stephanie's Favorite Things 2010." You will probably notice a considerable price difference in the items, and I won't do as many.

Item # 6
Portable Space Heater
Our house gets freezing at night! Seriously, I wasn't even this cold in Utah! Crazy huh? So it's nice to stick one of these in the kid's room, because it saves on our power bill, and so they don't wake up little icicles. I think it was around $30 from target.


























Item #5
My little Stic Vacuum
This little thing does the job! With hardwood floors it's excellent. And it comes apart to be a little tiny handheld so I can even vacuum the car. Best part? It was $8 at Wal Mart.





















Item #4
My craft projects that never work out
They are fun to do with the kids! But let's face it, it looks like the kids did it themselves. I think the total price for this was $4 including supplies and the charger.





















Item #3
Good Books
Old friends and new reads, I love a good book. And let's face it- you can't put a price on education (but if you must Fountainhead cost me fifty cents from the Library and Mockingjay was $13 from Barnes and Noble).



















Item #2
Our family stockings
These are some of my favorite things to pull out for Christmas. We got them from pottery barn and I really cannot remember how much I paid before, but this year we had to get Ava a new one and it was $15. No taxes, shipping cost, or monogramming fee.

















Item #1
The picture says it all. My ultimate favorite thing of the year 2010 and probably every year to come.
















Sorry it's not a great picture post b/c I had to take a picture of a picture but that was us on Halloween. So there you go audience and Oprah! What do you think of that?

3 comments:

  1. You are so right in taking joy in the simple things in life. We have to hold on dearly to what we love, and live in the moment, because you just may never know what life brings. Best wishes in this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that this post is my favorite so far. I have loved all the posts, but this one really brings it home. I'm so sorry I'm not there for over half of the Christmas season. I should be home with those I love the most. I will be there soon and I love you all so much. Ava and Kael, please good to your mother! We love you two so much. Love you Steph. With all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your favorite's list. I have never been a super-fan of Oprah...or really a fan at all. Let's not get me started on that :)

    Tell Andre he can check out the gift suggestions I posted...I don't think anything was over $100, although one item was close.

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete