Ava and Kael have a new love in life. Grapefruit juice. They just can't get enough of it. They call it the "pink juice" and if i let them, they could drink a whole container in one day. I found these little camping chairs at toys "r" us for like $7 and they love to sit out on the deck in their little chairs sipping their grapefruit juice. This is the view from our deck:
We went to the arboretum the other day and other than the fact that we felt like we were melting, we had a great time! If we had a little better of a camera these pictures would be beautiful. Scenes like this are the reason why I love NC so much. I love seeing so much green. It reminds me of life and exploring.
This is the view from the Japanese mediation house they have there at the arboretum. What I wouldn't give for one of these at my house. And I can't promise it would always be used for meditation...seems like a pretty good time out spot for toddlers.
Remember what I said about time out? I wasn't kidding.
Kael's lovely trophy. A yellow flower for mama? Nope, a flower for himself.
Ava goes to yoga with me sometimes and this is her doing "the tree." She's pretty good I think.
Kael now calls everyone "mama" and I mean everyone. Even other little kids. Not sure where it came from, but it's kind of cute. He also doesn't understand Ava has a separate name. I don't know how this even started. He always called Ava "sissy" or "Ava" but over the past couple of weeks he calls her Kael. He just thinks that is his name, so it must be her name too. I am having the hardest time trying to get him to understand that Ava's name is still Ava. And every time he calls her Kael, she cries and says, "I'm not a boy! I is a girl!"
Can you believe my crazy husband is still at work?
No comments:
Post a Comment