Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter 2014


I was really running on auto pilot this morning because I took Ava to school then came back and finished getting Kael ready and then took him to school (Ava starts at 8:00 & Kael starts at 9:00). Well I drove Kael to school only to park and look up and realize I was at Ava's school. I was very confused for a moment.

I wanted to write real quick about Easter before I forget it all. Easter was sort of different this year because we didn't get back from the Great Wolf Lodge until late Saturday and normally I really like to do our egg hunt on Saturday. This year we woke up to baskets (the kids anyway), and then colored eggs, and then right after church did a quick egg hunt so I could  make deviled eggs pronto! Then right after that Kael got really sick and was out for the rest of the night. NOT to mention Andre somehow got pink eye literally on the way home from our trip. Kael had it about 2 weeks prior and I thought we were in the clear but I guess not. Andre woke up Sunday morning and his eye had swollen shut so he stayed home on Sunday.


Baskets!




Ninja turtle soap...oh yeah!



Ava has been asking for her own wallet for quite some time. Lucky for her the Easter bunny is very thoughtful.




Of course Kael's favorite thing hands down was his new shield.






So he went straight away to go put the rest of his hero stuff on.



These are real hero moves.



Even John got in on the fun!




John gets very creative with his eggs. He's like the Michelangelo of Easter eggs.









I know plastic eggs are more convenient, but nothing beats coloring eggs.



Easter best

Sadly this is the only half decent picture I got of our egg hunt.

The kids have their triathlon tomorrow in Charlotte so tomorrow is very busy. Kael has a baseball game at 9, Ava soccer at 11, and then drive to Charlotte for the kids' race. I am very excited to see how they do and if they like it. My last day of classes this semester is on Tuesday. It has been the longest semester and I will be extremely glad to have it overwith!

No comments:

Post a Comment