Ava has been taking ballet the whole school year and had her recital this past Saturday afternoon. It was an overwhelmingly busy week since she started swim team and then had ballet class, dress rehearsal, and her recital. But now ballet is over! I was super proud of her for getting on the stage in front of everybody and dancing in her show. Sometimes I realize that I push my children to do things that I would be terrified to do myself. Would I get up on that stage in front of everyone and dance? No way. But it's easier to encourage them to be brave.
| She got flowers from her daddy & flowers from her uncle John! |
| Ava & John |
| My sunglasses look ginormous all of the sudden. |
| Kael was so upset that nobody brought flowers for him that he refused to be in the picture. Little bugger. |
| Prima Ballerina |
It was not easy to dedicate extra time to ballet on top of soccer, basketball, and swimming. But I'm glad she stuck it out and now she wants to try jazz & hip hop! I'm sure that before long she will narrow her interests and may never dance again (in classes) so I'm glad she got this opportunity to do it this time. Her little friend Fiona was in her ballet class with her and now Fiona is moving with her family so it was fun for them to do that together.
No comments:
Post a Comment